10 tips for enjoying a healthy mouth
Despite what many may think, have a healthy mouth is not a matter of luck or money, but to acquire a correct oral habits. In dental issues, we usually worry about our health only when there is a problem that surely could have been avoided or decreased severity with proper oral hygiene.
We should note that according to statistics, more than half of Spaniards suffer from some dental problem. An interesting fact considering that the key to a beautiful smile are healthy teeth and good dental health stimulates sexual relations, enhance social relations and taken into account in job interviews.
Having said all this, what can we do to get a healthy mouth?
- Reduce consumption of sugar, fizzy drinks and coffee to prevent accumulation of plaque, dental enamel erosion and stains.
- Avoid eating too hot or too cold to do our food more sensitive mouth.
- Brushing 3 times a day for 2 or 3 minutes adequate flossing and mouthwash.
- Regardless of our genetic inheritance (if a family member has dental problems have greater predisposition to suffer them too).
- If we root a fragment (commonly stumps) that does not bother our mouth, they should be removed as they are hotbeds of infection.
- The absences of teeth also have to be supported because it causes poor chewing and therefore lead to stomach problems like dental.
- It took the medication monitor, especially if for a long time, since the quantity and quality of our mouth saliva decreases and is less protected.
- Periodic checks, it is advisable to 2 times a year to detect future problems. Once a year you should perform a dental cleaning at the dentist.
- No Smoking. The snuff causes premature loss of teeth, bad breath and stained promotes the tooth surface.
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, watch your mouth especially (also in menstruation and menopause), as there is increased risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Visit your dentist to advise you.